Sarees have been in trend since the time immemorial. There were so many different inventions in sarees that they have become the most versatile traditional attire for women. One of the conventional and versatile sarees that are trending from many years are the Ikat Sarees.
The word ‘Ikat’ means the fabric is made using an Indonesian decorative technique where the warp and weft threads are tied and dyed before weaving.
The process of manufacturing the ikat sarees is quite sophisticated with the most intricate methods. The yarns or threads for ikat sarees are tightly bound together and then colored with the resist dyeing method. The resist dyeing is a traditional method of dyeing the fabrics or textiles in patterns. The method includes resisting or preventing the dye from reaching all over the cloth, thereby creating intricate and illustrative patterns.
Discover the conventional ikat sarees
Some people also name the ikat sarees as Pochampally Ikat Sarees as they are manufactured in Bhoodan Pochampally, in the Telangana State of India. They are the same as the Patola Sarees, which follow the same procedure of tying, dying and then weaving the saree. The only difference in them is their geographical origination, which gives these sarees different names. Also, some patterns are different in both of these sarees. Even Odisha is famous for the production of ikat sarees. They are also known as ‘Bandha of Odisha’ and have become a geographically tagged product of Odisha since 2007.
There is another broader classification of the ikat sarees, which is the single ikat and double ikat saree. The single ikat saree is created by interweaving the tied and dyed warp with plain wefts. Sometimes, the variation is added by inserting resisted weft yarns in the plain weft. On the other hand, double ikat sarees involve resist dyeing on both the warps and wefts and then interlacing them to form the exceptional intricate patterns.
Various facets of ikat sarees
As you can see, the ikat sarees are woven with a traditional method of tying, dying, and then weaving, you can get them in all possible fabrics. The material of these sarees solely depends on the type of yarns used for weaving. The manufacturers use silk and cotton to add the most realistic appearance to the ikat sarees.
These sarees are lightweight and comfortable to drape over with no efforts. You can try different draping styles if you love to experiment with fashion. The patterns may sometimes include zig-zag lines, stripes, or geometric patterns repeated over the folds. The modern ikat sarees include polka dots, floral motifs, human figures, or monuments.
Flaunt with fabulous ikat sarees
If you love to have sarees in your wardrobe, then the ikat sarees are a must-have for all saree lovers. You can confidently showcase your desire for contemporary looks by adding these sarees to your collection. We are sure your friends and family will make you their style diva and admire you for your choices. You have many options to choose from varying colors and patterns.
The comfort and aesthetics of ikat sarees go beyond perfection in the ethnic wears. You can pair these sarees with a matching blouse and put on some statement jewelry to add a glow to your outlook.
You can add the ikat sarees to your office wear sarees as they look graceful and formal with a traditional look. The varying shades of these sarees will never put you down with your style. You will appear more confident and pleasing with these sarees at your office.
Looking for something to wear on casual occasions? You can wear the ikat sarees at traditional functions, festivals, birthday parties, or even casual get-togethers. You can also give them as a gift to your loved ones and make their special days more grateful.
Pick The Latest And Exclusive Range Of Ikat Sarees For Wedding At Stylecaret
Ikat sarees are known for their intricate weaving process and outstanding designs & patterns. Moreover, they are extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear. Undoubtedly, women from all over the nation are falling for these sarees and considering them a go-to option to be worn on any occasion. One of the most recognizable features of these Ikat sarees is the intricate geometric design patterns across all over the body. The subtle detailing work gives them an eye-catching and captivating effect. If you are also looking for the rich and royal Ikat sarees online, Stylecaret has got covered for you. Here, you will get a chance to choose from a wide range of designer Ikat sarees to flaunt your traditional appearance for every type of function and event. Pick the best one and bring a voluminous silhouette to yourself.
The unique patterns of Ikat sarees are made by the most skilled laborers which make these handwoven sarees even more expensive. At Stylecaret, you will get a variety of colors, designs, patterns, cuts, and fabrics to choose from at an affordable range. Buy Ikat Sarees Online and glorify your typical traditional look with authentic jewelry. The unique feature of Ikat fabric is the blurriness of the designs which is the fine result of the extensive labor work while weaving. However, this blurriness can be reduced by using the finest yarns. Since Ikats are most complex to create with blurriness effects as well as intricate patterns using multiple colors, it makes these sarees a timeless beauty. At Stylecaret, you can check out our impressive and trendy collection of Ikat Sarees With Price.
1. Linen Blend Printed Ikat Sarees - If you want your Ikat sarees to be lightweight and comfortable to carry, then opt for these Linen Blend Printed Ikat Sarees. The linen fabric of the saree is highly breathable, absorbable, strong, and also lightweight makes you feel relaxed and active the whole day while the beautiful prints on the border add an amazing spark to your traditional look. You should go for vibrant colors such as Pink, yellow, etc.
2. Beautiful Telia Rumal Handwoven Ikkat Sarees - Are you looking for transforming your look into the modish one? Try these Telia Rumal Handwoven Ikkat Sarees. The beautiful prints all over the body will blow your mind. Telia Rumal is a traditional method for the oil treatment of the yarn. No wonder you get a shiny appearance to grab people’s attention. Try these sarees in Red or black colors.
3. Handwoven cotton Ikat Sarees - Apart from Linen, you can glorify your comfortable traditional look in the cotton handwoven Ikat sarees also. The cotton fabric of these sarees makes them lightweight, easy to wear, carry and drape. Go for the bright hues of shades and pair them with the contrast blouse. It will look amazing and gives you an elegant approach to the event.
4. Silk Embroidered Ikat Sarees - You can try a typical voluminous traditional appearance with these heavily Silk Embroidered Ikat Sarees. The peach-colored Ikat sarees are available in the gorgeous embroidered borders making them a perfect choice to be worn on any occasion. Team it up with the contrast designer blouse and authentic accessories to complete your look.
5. Printed Ikat Sarees - If you want to keep your look a little bit simple and sober, then opt for these Printed Ikat Sarees. The pink or orange combination with off-white adds elegance to your overall personality while the outstanding prints are something you cannot ignore. You can choose from floral prints, or geometric prints, and many more.
Buy Ikat Sarees Online At StyleCaret!
If you want to have these mind-blowing ikat sarees to your coveted raiments, then look at the enticing pieces available on this page. You don’t have to visit any local store or showroom to find these sarees because you can get them conveniently online at StyleCaret.
Many people have switched to online shopping as they struggle with enough time to find the perfect outfit they desire to have. You, too, be a part of this action and move towards online shopping. And it is so great that you get the traditional outfits online.
You can get your favorite ikat sarees delivered at your doorstep with just a few clicks away. Need to send them as a gift to your loved ones out of India? No worries, we at StyleCaret offer worldwide shipping of our products so you can get the sarees delivered across the globe.
We also have a fantastic deal waiting for you. Want to know what it is? Well, you get a 100% cashback as reward points if it is your first purchase at StyleCaret. So, don’t waste any further second and find yourself one of the best ikat sarees.
You can also explore our other varieties of embroidered sarees, handloom sarees, chikankari sarees and many more on the site.
FAQs on Ikat sarees
1. How many types of ikat are there?
There are three different types of Ikat weaving methods available which are - warp ikat, weft ikat, and double ikat.
2. Is there any difference between ikat and Patola?
Pochampally, Ikat & Patola share the same weaving and dyeing technique. The main difference between ikat and Patola other than the use of the Ikat technique is geography and design patterns.
3. Where are Ikat sarees made?
Also known as Pochampally Sarees, they come from the small village in Nalgonda district, Andhra Pradesh.
Ikat sarees are intricately handcrafted with the Tie and Dye process while Ikat silk sarees are made with pure silk threads.
5. What is Patola design?
Patola is a double Ikat saree made from silk in Patan, Gujarat.