Nauvari Sarees - The Pride of Maharashtra
Every woman desires to wear a beautiful saree and look fabulous. And the wish to get some of the traditional wears is way different than craving for the designer and fashionable sarees. One such form of saree that fits into the wishlist of grace, attractiveness and sheer delight is the nauvari saree. These sarees got the name ‘Nauvari’ from the 9-yard length.
Initially, nauvari sarees were created with pure cotton, but nowadays you can get them in other blends of fabrics such as polyester and silk. The most prominent nauvari sarees that women prefer are the cotton made sarees because the pleats stay in place without bothering you. If you select the other fabric, then you need to pin them properly.
There is something unique about the nauvari sarees that you will not find in any other saree. The pride that Maharashtrians give these sarees is because women of the great Maratha Emperor wore them. The comfort and ease to fight at any war and be a helping hand to the kings made the nauvari sarees the best choice among women. Also, the nauvari sarees possess a feeling of home, motherhood and care that cannot be compared with any other outfit.
You can drape the nauvari sarees in many ways as the draping style differs from place to place in Maharashtra and Goa. The Goan women, mostly from the Koli community, also wear the nauvari sarees but they drape it differently.
You will come across four draping styles for nauvari sarees. The traditional draping style includes tucking in the pleats at the backside(also called ‘Kasta’) and folding the rest of the saree over the front side. This draping style looks more like a trouser where the pleats swirl on each other. Other draping styles include Peshwai or Brahmini drape, Contemporary Marathi style drape and Contemporary Marathi dhoti drape.
Nauvari sarees are made of heavy silk and cotton fabric while the different and unique draping styles of these nauvari sarees make them a preferable and considerable choice among women to be worn on any occasion. The prominent feature of these sarees is that they are made using a single nine-yard cloth and if you are seeking a different version of nauvari sarees to make your traditional presence noticeable, then you are in the right place. At Stylecaret, we have brought you an eye-catching and alluring collection of nauvari sarees with price. Select your nauvari saree now and represent your traditional Maharashtrian culture with grace.
These nauvari sarees paired up with authentic accessories give any woman an elegant and stunning look at many festivals, events, and special occasions. Stylecaret takes the pleasure of displaying you the exclusive and latest collection of nauvari sarees with traditional touches. Buy nauvari sarees online now as per your requirements and budget. From the heavily embellished to light & simple work, find a wide range of nauvari sarees online that suits you the best and enlighten your overall personality with a graceful look.
Here are some of the most popular types of nauvari sarees you can opt for to embark on your traditional presence at any occasion.
1. Brahmani Saree - These sarees are worn by Brahmins at the time when they used to go for the battle along with their fellow mare warriors to assist them, hence it is named Brahmani nauvari sarees. Since they are comfortable to wear and carry, women in the different regions of India love wearing these elegant and beautiful sarees during any auspicious occasion. They are made up of cotton but their unique draping style makes them popular where the border is lifted and tucked to the waist. You can opt for readymade Brahmani nauvari sarees for the trouser-like looks.
2. Marathmoli Sarees -These Marathmoli nauvari sarees also have a war backdrop and if you are looking for another traditional amazing-looking nauvari saree style, this is the type you should go for. The unique patterns with vibrant colors on these sarees can make women of all ages look stunning and classy. In past days, these sarees were known as kashta sarees as well. You can choose from a wide range of Marathmoli nauvari sarees at Stylecaret decorated with impressive prints and textures.
3. The Gorgeous Cotton Blend Nauvari Saree - This is one of the most popular and loved nauvari sarees among women out there and if you want your nauvari sarees to be comfortable to wear, carry and drape, this is the type that you must try. The fabric of this saree has a cotton mix while the use of vivid colors such as blue, green, yellow, or maroon make these nauvari sarees different. It is considered one of the finest nauvari sarees of all time.
4. The impressive Nauvari Paithani Saree - It is another one of the best nauvari sarees women fall for in India and is considered a perfect nauvari saree to be worn on special occasions. Women of all the categories love to glorify their traditional look with this wide range of nauvari sarees with different designs. The artistic pattern is what grabs everyone’s attention while the use of vibrant colors is the interesting feature of these sarees.
5. Rajlaxmi Nauvari Saree - The best thing about these Rajlaxmi nauvari sarees is that they are suitable for every occasion. They are made up of heavy fabric like silk and cotton which makes them a perfect choice for wearing on auspicious occasions. Drape it as you want and complete your look with the matching traditional jewelry.
Have you ever seen any Marathi Festival Celebration? You can see that each festival is filled with women flaunting their nauvari sarees with a nath and many other embellishments which we will have a look at. The rich cultural touch and feel for any festival gets added only by the suitable outfits, and that’s what the nauvari sarees are bound to make.
The dark yellow, red or maroon colour nauvari sarees paired with a kolhapuri chappal brings out the Marathi look on any woman. The nath, bajubandh(golden jewellery that needs to be put on your arms), and kamarband(waist belt) are considered to be the perfect embellishments for a nauvari saree. You just have to tie your hairs with a traditional bun hairstyle(also called Ambada) and adorn it with a small flower garland of jasmine flowers.
Only golden jewellery suits the nauvari saree, so you don’t have to worry much about the types of jewellery to put on.
The nauvari sarees not only enhance your looks but also add cultural value to the festivals.
Many women choose the nauvari sarees as their bridal wear as it exudes the beauty and grandeur looks on the bride. The light shades of yellow, blue or purple nauvari sarees are a popular choice among the brides.
You will find rich golden zari work on the border with paisley, brocade work. Some varieties also possess the embroidered art of small buttis, floral designs, leaves and traditional symbols to enrich the elegance of nauvari sarees.
These sarees do not contain heavy work, hence they are lightweight and comfortable even if you are trying them for the first time.
Have you ever observed Priyanka Chopra from Bajirao Mastani? What a classic and heavenly look she possesses in the dazzling nauvari sarees! Well, many brides love to imitate the bollywood divas for the nauvari attire, and they can't resist the goddess in them.
If you are looking for buying yourself a nauvari saree, then don’t be worried about going out and looking after numerous shops. You can get the pure blend of colours, designs and patterns with a grandeur outlook here at StyleCaret. Pick up your favourite colour and be an ethnic queen on your upcoming occasion, be it wedding or any traditional ceremony.
Do not hesitate for the quality because we at StyleCaret take utmost care of the quality of our products and give our best to put a smile on your face with the world-wide shipping.
The floral embroideries, paisley prints, golden zari work and vibrant colours will definitely steal your heart. So hurry up and check out your favourite nauvari saree.
One more thing that we would love to tell you is that you can grab a fantastic deal. You will get 100% cashback as reward points if it is your first purchase at StyleCaret. Sounds cool, right?
Also, do explore our trending varieties of traditional sarees, heavy work sarees and bridal sarees.
FAQs on Nauvari Sarees
1. What are the types of different nauvari sarees?
The main types of nauvari sarees include Brahmani Saree, Marathmoli Sarees, Shahi Mastani / Peshwai Nauvari Saree, Rajlaxmi Saree, Lavani Saree, Contemporary Nauvari saree, Single kashta saree, and Double kashta saree.
2. What are Maharashtrian sarees called?
The traditional Maharashtrian sarees are called nauvari sarees which refers to the nine-yard saree draped in dhoti style.
3. What is the Peshwai saree?
Peshwai sarees are the traditional silk sarees which you can get in pure silk fabric. These types of nauvari sarees are widely used at weddings.
4. What types of footwear look beautiful on Paithani sarees?
The most common and popular pick for Paithani sarees is strappy sandals, shining wedge heels, and metallic stilettos. You can also consider a pair of bridal mojris.
5. Which is the most famous saree in Maharashtra?
Paithani sarees are the most famous sarees in Maharashtra handwoven with silk. They have the use of vibrant colors and intricate designs due to which they are considered the first choice for any occasion.