South Indian Sarees
The southern states are famous for their rich traditions and cultures. They also try to preserve their cultural heritage through festivals and various other traditional functions. But what makes them unique from other Indian states are the types of outfits they wear at functions. The south indian sarees resemble an epitome of royal and traditional ecstasy, which is hardly found anywhere else.
The south indian sarees are famous because of the alluring prints, zari and brocade work, and pure silk sarees that the artisans make. These heavy work and glamorous sarees accentuate the beauty of every woman who desires the culture and its values. Women from all across India prefer south indian sarees for grand weddings, parties, or traditional functions and festivals as they light up the occasions. You can find a gamut of silk sarees in the form of Kanjivaram Sarees, Kanchipuram Sarees, Mysore Silk Sarees, and many more.
These south indian sarees are must-haves in the southern bridal trousseau. Southern weddings can be incomplete without any of these sarees, which are the representations of their pure and aesthetic culture.
Try the myriad of alluring south indian sarees
The south indian sarees are not limited to only the southern states of India. People from other states of India also appreciate the splendid artwork of kaleidoscopic designs, paisley prints and brocade work on pure silk sarees. This creativity has made the south indian sarees prominent not only in India but also in different parts of the world.
You can add the Kanjivaram sarees or Kanchipuram sarees into your bridal trousseau as well. The heavy embellishments of golden zari work on the borders with a bright red color bridal saree will catch every guest’s attention and add a glow to your wedding vibes. The garland of jasmine flowers (also known as ‘Gajra’) is a must-have accessory for south indian sarees. So be a desi girl with these enchanting and charming sarees.
The Mysore Silk Sarees are famous for showing its royalty at grand soirees and parties. The dark and light hues provide you countless options to choose from. You can find the foliate motifs, natural elements, and designs of temples on these south indian sarees. Wear a baby pink color mysore silk saree with an attractive hairdo that will enhance your look for a royal party.
You can also find other varieties of south indian sarees that are suitable for bridal wear such as the Pochampally silk saree, Konrad saree, and Bangalore Silk Saree.
Select your favorite from a gamut of south indian sarees
Sarees are one of the most adorable ethnic wears from India. And, the south indian sarees have their unique charm, which makes it stand out from all other sarees. It has become the most coveted clothing across women of all ages. If you want to have one of them in your closet, then find your favorite one from the list below.
Kanchipuram and Kanjivaram Sarees: Whenever you hear about south indian sarees, the kanjivaram and kanchipuram silk sarees will always be on the top of the list. The kaleidoscopic design patterns with golden zari and brocade work add grandeur to these traditional sarees. The skillfully woven silk threads in intricate patterns makes it look ravishing and a popular choice for brides.
Mysore Silk Sarees: These south indian sarees emerge from the temple city of Karnataka called Mysore. The mysore silk sarees appear graciously with a shiny and glossy finish because of the most exquisite silk weavings. Their minimalistic appearance makes them a suitable outfit for any occasion, be it casual or formal.
Bangalore Silk Saree: The bangalore silk sarees are available in a plethora of designs, colors, and patterns, which makes it a trending outfit in south india. These sarees are famous for their rich texture and exclusive embroidery work with intricate patterns.
Kasavu Sarees: These sarees emerge from the Land of God’s own country, Kerala. Kasavu sarees are cream or white colored handwoven saree with a golden border. These south indian sarees are woven mostly by the Malayalee women. Kasavu sarees are also a popular choice for bridal trousseau as they resemble the most exceptional traditional heritage from Kerala.
Konrad Silk Sarees: Originating from Tamil Nadu, Konrad silk sarees are traditional sarees made of silk with heavy embellished golden borders. These south indian sarees appear more fabulous in red shades because of the intricate golden designs on borders and pallus.
Pochampally Silk Sarees: These south indian sarees are prominent because of their magnificent designs and serve as a perfect wedding wear saree. Pochampally sarees originate from Telangana state and possess traditional geometric patterns.
Making of South Indian Sarees
South Indian sarees are a perfect combination of royal charm, luxury, and richness with extensive hand-woven techniques. If you have not explored a variety of vast and exquisite range of South Indian Sarees, Stylecaret is your perfect destination for your South Indian Sarees Online Shopping. We are offering an outstanding range of authentic south Indian sarees boasting rich prints like Block prints, Paisley prints, and Floral prints with ethnic motifs. The distinctive feature of our South Indian Sarees is the contrasting borders with exceptional Zari work, vibrant design, and alluring prints in varied combinations. South Indian sarees are the perfect choice to register your traditional appearance on any occasion and event. Explore the most trendy and exclusive collection of South Indian Sarees For Wedding at Stylecaret. But how are these south Indian sarees made or weaved?
1. Kanchipuram Silk Sarees - These south Indian sarees are exclusively known for their wide rich gold borders, traditional designs, and thick fabric in contrast colors. Women love wearing them due to the use of pure Mulberry silk to weave the saree which also makes them lightweight. The exceptional zari work with pure silver thread coated in gold color brings fine finishings on saree’s pallu and borders. For the dyeing process, the colors are mixed in the hot water while the rice water is used to add stiffness to the silk yarns. The pallu, the border, and the body of the saree are weaved separately and then interlocked delicately.
2. Gadwal Silk Sarees - One of the most recognizable features of these South Indian sarees making women fall for them is the impressive zari pattern and well-crafted kuttu borders in stripes, temples, and coin motifs, etc. They are made from a blend of cotton weave fabric by using the interwoven weft technique. At Stylecaret, we are presenting the intricate embroidered South Indian Sarees Online which are extremely lightweight with a perfect blend of comfort and fashion.
3. Chettinad sarees - These south Indian sarees are made from pure cotton with an added stiffness of starch making them an elegant and stylish ethnic wear. The steps of process include coloring & dyeing. You can buy South Indian Sarees Online at Stylecaret available in multiple color mixtures, designs, and patterns. These sarees are known for their appealing use of tints, lines, and shapes.
4. Mysore Silk Sarees - The distinguishing feature of these extremely lightweight south Indian sarees is the use of pure silk and small borders in zari weave on the base in contrasting effect. The quality of the silk makes them a preferable choice to be worn on auspicious occasions.The raw material used to weave the saree is achieved from a single cocoon that is transformed into silk fibers after going through the silk weaving process. The process is then followed by soaking, twisting, wefting, and winding.
5. Crepe Silk Sarees - These South Indian sarees are made from synthetic fiber and known for their lightweight, soft sheen, and crinkled texture. Opt for these south Indian sarees with simple yet elegant borders with heavy embroidery on them while their unique weaving and knitting process of twisting the silk yarns makes them a preferred choice to embark on traditional silhouette on any special occasion.
How To Maintain/Care South Indian Sarees?
Silk sarees are the result of fine craftsmanship and extensive labor that can be preserved for ages with proper care and attention:
- Use a mild detergent and cold water to wash them. It is recommended to dry clean them.
- Do not dry them in direct sunlight.
- Do not brush these silk sarees as it can cause tearing of zari work.
- Avoid bundling with other garments and wrap them in cotton cloth.
Buy South Indian Sarees Online At StyleCaret!
You might have already been overwhelmed with the pure aesthetics of south indian sarees available on this page. We at StyleCaret provide you a gamut of alluring sarees, which will add bliss to your wardrobe and to your style statement as well.
We offer worldwide shipping of the products to make the ethnic wear accessible all across the globe. StyleCaret takes the utmost care in delivering the best quality products to you at your doorstep.
Are you seeking any discounts? Well, we have got a fantastic deal waiting for you. You can get a 100% cashback as reward points on your first purchase with StyleCaret. So don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity and buy yourself some fabulous south indian sarees.
FAQs on south Indian sarees
1. Which are the most famous types of south Indian sarees?