Tie Dye Sarees
Sarees are the most coveted attire among women. Every saree holds a special place in the hearts of women because of the patterns and weavings from different states of India. One of the sarees which have been in trend since ages are the tie dye sarees. They possess unique attractiveness because of the tying and dying method.
Tie Dye Sarees are found in the states of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Their beauty has gained popularity in every state of India and across the globe. You might have heard about the Bandhani Sarees. It is another name for tie dye sarees, which means tying the cloth and dying to produce different color prints on the sarees.
The word ‘Bandhani’ is derived from the Hindi word ‘Bandhana’, which means to tie. As these sarees are tied with knots and then dyed, they have got the name ‘Bandhani Sarees’, which are also famous as tie dye sarees. These sarees are manufactured with a traditional method, which includes human labor even in today’s date. The cloth used for tie dye sarees is light, impermeable, and sometimes translucent.
The tie dye sarees are crafted with various methods such as folding, pleating, crumpling, or twisting the fabric and binding the garment with rubbers, beans, or strings to produce colorful patterns. The most common among a gamut of patterns are the circle designs followed by stripes, waves, and squares.
Origin of Tie Dye Sarees
The tie dye sarees seem to have originated as long as 5000 years ago. Many people say that the first tie dye saree was worn at a royal wedding of Bana Bhatt’s Harshacharita. Since then, it has got the attention of many people and became the most famous traditional wear saree. The oldest visual of tie dye sarees is also shown in the Ajanta Caves.
If we talk about India, then the first tie dye sarees were created by the Khatri Community in the states of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Other cities such as Jaipur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Ajmer, Jamnagar, and Sikar were also the major producers of these sarees.
The creativity of Tie Dye Sarees
The tie dye sarees stand unique and fabulous among other sarees because of the varying patterns made from different tying methods. These methods and designs differ from place to place, which adds an exceptional grandeur to the tie dye sarees.
You can see these sarees in basic colors like green, blue, red, and yellow. Nowadays, the fashionistas have started experimenting with other shades too, which are making the tie dye sarees remarkable in markets. The colors signify a particular message where the red color represents marriage, green signifies fertility, and yellow present motherhood. Although, these sarees are considered to be the most colorful sarees in India with vibrant colors and contrasting patterns.
The patterns or shapes depend on the tying methods, which can illustrate amazing patterns such as waves, dots, circles, and many other designs. Some of the popular pattern names are Shikari, Ekdali, Leheriya, and Mothra. Most of the patterns are named according to the tying pattern, such as Ekdali is for the single knot, Trikunti for three knots, Chaubundi for four knots, Boond for a small dot with a dark center, Dungar Shahi for mountain pattern, Kodi for teardrop shape, and many more.
There are intricate patterns on the borders with flowers, leaves, and natural motifs enclosing the tied patterns, which makes these sarees a perfect combination of creativity, fashion, and tradition.
You can observe the small fingernails of artisans of tie dye sarees, which they use skilfully to pluck the cloth into many tiny knots and bindings.
Flaunt with Tie Dye Sarees
The Marwari Community mostly wears these sarees in the state of Gujarat and Rajasthan. It is also a traditional saree that women wear with pride on Navratri. Many women also add these tie dye sarees into their bridal trousseau.
You can wear these sarees all over the year as the lightweight, and the cozy fabric tends to fit every season. Make it your casual wear saree, or keep it as a party wear saree. You can also wear them at traditional functions and festivals. Make sure to embellish them with some statement jewelry.
Look Stylish And Charming In The Fashionable Range Of Tie Dye Sarees For Wedding At Stylecaret
Tie-Dye Sarees are considered to be one of the most preferred, popular, and colorful sarees in the world, thanks to their availability in alluring combinations of colors, prints, designs, patterns, and fabrics varying from region to region. Not only in sarees, but you can also witness the same popularity of Tie-dye on Kurtis, lehengas, salwar kameez, and many more. However, buying these tie-dye sarees is not that easy. You have to wander from one shop to another to get the desired patterns and designs. Now you do not need to waste your time anymore as we have got you a pretty good range of Tie Dye Sarees Online to fall for.
Stylecaret is your one-stop solution for Tie Dye Sarees Online Shopping. You can choose from a wide range of different types of tie-dye sarees within a range of fabrics like chiffon, cotton, silk, satin, linen, and georgette, etc. It is an ancient weaving technique used to create new and intricate patterns in all parts of the world. The charm of these traditional Indian tie-dye sarees is unbeatable. By keeping this in mind, we have brought you the trendy and most exclusive collection of tie-dye sarees. Visit our site to look out for interesting designs and Buy Tie Dye Sarees Online.
Tie-dye sarees give you a flawless, stylish, and contemporary touch to your traditional silhouette on any occasion or event. The beautiful designer prints add elegance and royal touch to your overall personality while the sheer and lightweight fabrics attract women of all the categories to decorate their wardrobe with. You can choose from a range of color combinations and design patterns. Check out our latest collection of Tie Dye Sarees With Price now.
1. Leheriya Tie Dye Sarees - Leheriya sarees are one of the most-loved, preferred, and evergreen tie-dye sarees. They are extremely famous among women of all age groups. All credit goes to their unique wave patterns in different color-coded themes resulting from the brilliant tie and dye technique. This traditional Tie and Dye art is practiced in Rajasthan. Opt for brightly colored wave or leher designs done on silk or cotton fabric and glorify your cool look on your special occasion.
2. Bandhej Or Bandhani Tie-Dye Sarees - Another popular type of tie-dye sarees you can go for is Bandhani or Bandhej. They are made of an interesting tie and dye method where the saree is tied in knots and then the color is applied in these sarees in various designer patterns. It is all about preventing color from spreading beyond the knot which gives them a unique and adorable look. You should opt for bright hues of shades and team it with classy accessories. They are available in chiffon, crepe, cotton, silk and georgette fabrics, and many more.
3. Sambalpuri Ikat Tie-Dye Sarees - These sarees differ from other tie-dye sarees as first, they are dyed, and then they are woven. You must opt for these Sambalpuri Ikat Sarees for an attractive and traditional look. These are available mainly in cotton and silk while intricately woven motifs will blow your mind. You can choose from different designs and patterns.
4. Patola Tie-Dye Sarees - They are double Ikat Sarees made from silk in Patan, Gujarat, and handwoven with traditional tie and dye technique. You can prefer these sarees to be worn on any event, party, or function due to their flowy and voluminous nature. Opt for the bright colors and pair them with the designer blouse and heavy accessories to complete your look.
5. Shibori Tie-Dye Sarees - The gorgeous Shibori Ikat Sarees with floral designs never fail to bring elegance to your personality. Originating from Japan, Shibori is a traditional tie-dye technique practiced in Rajasthan & Gujarat in India. There is a wide range of Shibori sarees available in the market that add grace and feminine touch to your traditional look. Team it up with the shibori printed blouse or crop tops to give yourself a modish look.
Buy Tie Dye Sarees Online At StyleCaret!
Do you love the tie dye sarees? Then grab them here at StyleCaret without leaving your home. You can choose them as per your favorite color or patterns and add them to the cart. Do not hesitate about the quality of sarees as we take the utmost care in providing you with the best quality products.
Need to deliver the saree out of India? No worries, StyleCaret offers worldwide shipping of the products to make the traditional wear accessible across the globe. You can get them delivered easily with just a few clicks away.
Also, you get a 100% cashback as reward points if it is your first purchase at StyleCaret. Sounds great, right? So, hurry up and pick up your favorite tie dye sarees and uplift your style quotient.
You can also explore our trending varieties of supernet sarees, handwoven sarees, brocade sarees, and chikankari sarees on the site.
FAQs on Tie-Dye sarees
1. What is the process of the tie and dye technique?
The process of tie and dye technique involves significant steps of tying and dyeing the fabric, then rinse it, and repeating the process for applying new colors, and finally drying it.
2. How many types of tie and dye are there?
It includes Bandhej/ Bandhani, Tritik, Ikat, Shibori, Mudmee tie-dye, Leheriya, Adire, Zha Ran, and many more.
3. Can silk sarees be dyed?
The border and pallu of the silk sarees are dyed in single color while the body is dyed in contrast color.
4. Is there any difference between tie-dye and shibori?
Shibori is created by using wood blocks of different shapes on folded fabrics while tie-dye is created by twisting and dyeing the fabric.
5. How can I look stylish in Tie-dye sarees?
Pick for the bright hues of shades, right jewelry, and drape your saree in different styles.