Paithani Sarees - The Exquisite Sarees from Maharashtra
Paithani Sarees are a symbol of rich and luxurious wear that originated from a town of Aurangabad district in Maharashtra. These sarees are famous for their kaleidoscopic design patterns, which are made by different types of silk threads. You will not find any cotton material in the pure Paithani Sarees as they are made with 100% pure silk and golden zari work, which makes them exclusive among all sarees.
The weaving of Paithani Sarees is done by skillful craftsmen. The intrinsic design patterns are crafted by folding a pattern vertically and horizontally at specific locations. The patterns include foliate motifs and peacock designs that make the Paithani Sarees remarkable and attractive.
The type of silk used for making them varies as per the craftsmen. Well, there are majorly three types of silk named Ciddle-Gatha, Charkha, and China Silk. The China Silk is the most expensive one, which is used by many saree weavers for making Paithani Sarees. Cuddle-Gatha presents fine quality silk that has smooth and glossy silk and golden threads. On the other hand, Charkha threads are somewhat less shiny.
It takes almost a year for a single Paithani Saree to be completed by many subtle laborers due to the time needed in making the intricate design patterns and the amount of work that it holds. These sarees are termed as ‘Pride of Maharashtra’ as they symbolize the rich culture and traditional touch in the saree work. Also, these Paithani Sarees are heavyweight and expensive due to the fantastic artwork it bears. But the amount you invest in buying the Paithani Saree always becomes worthy as these sarees stay with you for many years without losing its allure and essence.
Best Occasions for Flaunting Paithani Sarees:
Wedding Wear: It is said that Paithani Sarees increase the charm of weddings. Due to this, it is widely used as a wedding wear saree by the bride and her relatives. Theses sarees fit the wedding occasion because of the silver and golden zari work that entices its looks and make the women shine with its creative work.
Festivals: You can also wear Paithani Sarees at the festivals. Festivals are the only occasions where you get a chance to flaunt such heavy work sarees. You can select the bright colors to accentuate the vibes of festivals.
Party Wear: You can wear Paithani Sarees for grand soirees such as parties or get-togethers. The kaleidoscopic designs seem to catch the attention of many people, and it also brightens up your glow in party lights.
Birthday’s/Anniversaries: It would look so fascinating to wear th
e Paithani Sarees on your birthday’s or anniversaries. Many women wear them on their anniversaries because they love to rewind the old wedding memories on their special day.
You can also gift these Paithani Sarees to your dear wife or your loving mom and bring a smile on their face with such a fantastic saree.
Types of Paithani Sarees:
The craftsmen keep experimenting with various design patterns to make the weaving of Paithani Sarees unique among all the sarees. You will find different patterns woven on the pallu and borders of these sarees that embrace their appearance.
So we will have a look at some of the design patterns that are available in Paithani Sarees:
- Mor and Bangadi - The most common pattern that marks the specialty of Paithani Sarees are Mor and Bangadi. Mor means peacock, and Bangadi means Bangles. So this design contains colorful peacock designs interlocked in the bangle patterns, which is repeated all over the saree and highly dense on the pallu. With such intrinsic work, the saree becomes a bit heavy to carry.
- Lotus Brocade - Paithani Sarees with Lotus brocade consists of lotus motifs weaved on the border and pallu of the saree. These are made with contrasting colors that attract many eye-balls on grand occasions.
- Munia Brocade - Munia symbolizes parrot. So the sarees with Munia brocade consists of parrot designs on the border and pallu. These designs are mostly woven in light green color to picture a more realistic appearance.
- Tissue Brocade - The traditional form of saree that has all the designs combined is called the tissue brocade. It consists of mor, bangadi, lotus, and munia brocade design patterns.
- Balgandharva Paithani - The saree got this name from a Marathi artist and singer Balgandharva, who used to drape this beautiful Paithani Saree on stage for a woman’s role. These sarees were made with floral motifs and leave patterns. Now they are also available in chakra, star, and kairi patterns.
Buy Paithani Sarees online at StyleCaret!
With a wide range of Paithani Sarees available on this page, we are sure that you won’t go empty-handed. We at StyleCaret ensure that you get the best and unique piece from a range of sarees sold in the market. You don’t have to visit any local stores and keep hunting for your favorite eye-catching Paithani Sarees because we have made it easy for you. We have brought all the unique and fantastic designs from different vendors without compromising on the quality of the product. So you don’t have to worry about the quality too.
We do provide worldwide shipping of our products with an aim to make the ethnic wear accessible for every woman in the world. Also, you get a fantastic deal with your first purchase at StyleCaret. You will be awarded 100% cashback as reward points on your first order with us. So, don’t wait for a second thought and grab this fantastic opportunity.
We would love to tell you about our other trending varieties, which you may like, such as the banarasi silk sarees, brasso sarees, kanjivaram sarees and many more. Do checkout and pick your favorite one. Happy Shopping!