Kanjivaram Sarees - The Style Statement from South India
Kanjivaram Sarees are one of the most famous sarees in India owing to its beauty because of the zari work. They present the rich culture from South India and have become a symbol of traditional charm. Kanjivaram Sarees have also become an heirloom that gets passed from generation to generation.
The blend of silk from South India and zari from Gujarat added in different hues improves the beauty of Kanjivaram Sarees. The varying pastels with contrasting borders and intrinsic artwork make these sarees a special outfit for any traditional or grand soiree.
Make the Kanjivaram sarees your ‘Go-To’ outfit for any function:
If you don’t have Kanjivaram sarees in your closet, then let us tell you it is still incomplete without this alluring masterpiece. With every Indian function, comes its varying styles and shine. To make yourself a contributor to these functions, you should have the Kanjivaram Sarees.
You can wear these sarees for any grand occasion such as weddings, festivals, family get-togethers and parties. They fit into any event and help in exhibiting your fascinating outlook. You can also have it for the celebrations of the festival at your office and create your unique style statement.
If you are looking for a bridal outfit, then Kanjivaram Sarees are the best fit. Because you will find a range of contrasting colors to suit any theme for your wedding, and upon that, you will also have different design options for every function of your wedding. You can pick this saree up as it will make you look adorable and fascinating for such a grand occasion of your life.
Every woman can wear the Kanjivaram sarees as there is no age bar for such an enticing piece. Also, there is no need to worry about your shape while you are looking for this saree as the resplendent artwork makes it suitable for every body type. It fits your curves, and fashionably reveals your silhouette. Make the pallu fall off on your shoulder and let it rest over your arm to show your chic dressing pattern.
Make sure to have a stylish blouse to accentuate your look. The best blouse patterns that will go with such a grandeur piece of Kanjivaram saree can be a high neck blouse with 3/4th sleeves. Or it can be a designed blouse that reveals your back and enticed with a latkan.
The uniqueness about Kanjivaram Sarees:
If you have seen the color combination of the Kanjivaram sarees, you will realize that the pallu of these sarees are designed separately from the rest of the saree. The weavers entwine the threads separately with different hues and then attach it delicately to the saree. The laborers who do this work skillfully make the Kanjivaram sarees unique among all other sarees.
How can you drape the Kanjivaram Sarees?
Well, there are many draping styles which you can try for every new function. You can drape it in belt style or front style, which will accentuate the design of pallu.
You can also experiment with your look by draping it like a lehenga choli. You never know what your outfits can look like. Isn’t it?
Tips for maintaining & storing a Kanjivaram Silk Saree
Kanjivaram silk saree looks beautiful and can make anyone wearing them the party stunner. Plus, they cost a little 'too much', therefore maintaining them becomes all the more necessary. So, here are a few tips and tricks to maintain that stunning silk saree of yours -
- Dry clean only: Kanjivaram silk saree is made up of delicate fabric that requires skilled hands for washing. Therefore, dry cleaning is the best way for its cleaning and maintenance.
- Use Soapberries: Soapberries or saabun jamun is a great alternative to chemical soap. It won't harm the silk or the zari of your beloved Kanjivaram saree
- Wring is a big no: Wringing will wrinkle your Kanjivaram saree, spoiling it forever. Instead, roll the saree in a dry towel to remove excess moisture, then hang it on a padded hanger
- Avoid direct sunlight: Always dry a Kanjeevaram silk saree in the shade, away from the hard rays of the sun
- Iron with care: Put a cloth on the saree before ironing it, as direct ironing will affect the saree's shine.
- Stained your Kanjivaram silk saree or any other silk saree for that matter. Well, the first thing to do is give it for dry cleaning asap. The longer you wait, the tougher it gets to remove the stain.
- Always store your Kanjivaram Silk Saree wrapped in pure cotton or muslin cloth, as these are breathable fabrics. Don't use plastic covers
- Always fold your Kanjivaram Silk Saree so that the Zari is inwards, ensuring the zari is protected, and its sheen is maintained. Also, remember to unfold your silk saree every three months
- Don's store Kanjivaram Silk Saree with any other sarees; also it's best to store them in dark places, away from sunlight
- Kanjivaram silk saree needs to be aired every two-three months, but in shade
- Don't place naphthalene balls near your Kanjivaram silk saree; air fresheners are also a big no. If needed, place neem leaves or use silica gel
Buy Kanjivaram Sarees online at StyleCaret!
Are you tired of going out and hopping into local stores to find the best Kanjivaram Sarees? No worries. You no longer have to go out of your house and find a particular time to waste in hunting for these sarees. You will find all of them here at StyleCaret!
You will find a range of Kanjivaram Sarees that we select from the best vendors. We don’t compromise on the quality of the products as we aim to provide the best ethnic wear in India and all over the world. By saying all over the world, we mean that we do have worldwide shipping of our products. So that not a single person will have to compromise on their choice if they are out of India.
Are you a discount seeker? Well, we have a fantastic offer for our new customers. The offer states that you get a 100% cashback as reward points on your first purchase with StyleCaret. Sounds interesting, right? So, don’t miss this amazing opportunity and grab your favorite Kanjivaram Sarees from this page.
Also, do have a look at our other varieties of wedding wear sarees, party wear sarees, traditional sarees if you want to have an additional outfit for your upcoming functions.
FAQs on Kanjivaram Silk Sarees
How much does a Kanjivaram saree cost?
A Kanjeevaran saree is an investment you'll never regret and can be passed over generations. The Kanjivaram silk saree price depends on the purity of the silk and zari and the intricate work that goes into making the piece. While a pure Kanjivaram silk saree price tag can read anywhere between INR 7,000 to INR 2,00,000, customers can opt for a more budget option (INR 2,000 to INR 5,000) that uses half silk- half synthetic fabric with imitation zari or pure silk with imitation zari saree.
Where is the best place to buy Kanjivaram sarees?
Kanjivaram saree comes from Kanchipuram, a small town situated in Tamil Nadu. Thus making this Indian state the go-to place for Kanjivaram saree. However, these days customers can buy a beautiful Kanjivaram silk saree online as well. Also, Kanjivaram saree online shopping is great fun, as buyers get to pick a beautiful Kanjivaram silk saree from a wide variety of options.
How can you tell a real Kanjivaram saree?
With so many options available for purchasing a Kanjivaram silk saree online or at a store, one might wonder about the authenticity factor, especially if you are charged for a pure Kanjivaram saree. Here is are a few simple ways to identify a purity of a Kanjivaram silk saree -
- Pick a loose thread of the Kanjivaram saree you wish to test for purity. Burn the thread and notice closely what happens next. While the thread of a pure Kanjivaram saree will leave behind ashes and have a smell similar to that of burning leather, the one made up of artificial fibers will have no ashes
- Another easy way to identify a Kanjivaram silk saree is by closely inspecting the zari. If the zari thread appears white or any other colour apart from red, then it's the one with synthetic fabric and imitation zari
Is Kanjivaram and Kanchipuram same?
Yes, Kanjivaram and Kanchipuram are the same and are also spelled as Kanjivaram and Kanjeevarum. All the above-mentioned words denote the traditionally woven silk in the Kanchipuram town of Talim Nadu.
What is the difference between Banarasi and Kanjivaram saree?
Both Banarasi and Kanjivaram saree finest silk sarees are recognized globally. They might appear similar to many at first glance but are very different from one another. The major difference is their origin; while the Banarasi saree comes from the North Indian town Varanasi, the Kanjivaram silk saree is Tamil Nadu's pride. While the Banarasi saree showcases intricate gold-silver work, the Kanjivaram silk saree has intricate golden thread weaving.